Are you looking for a detailed comparison of FastComet vs DreamHost? If so, you are in the right spot.
Well, choosing a reliable web hosting provider isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. There are tons of web hosting providers offering fast and affordable hosting. But that’s not the complete truth.
Same in the case of FastComet and DreamHost, as both of these web-hosting providers, seems to offer quality web hosting at an affordable cost. When we compared these web-hosting providers, we found both are reliable. However, there are few aspects where FastComet beats DreamHost.
In order to help you make an informed decision, we have done a thorough comparison of FastComet and DreamHost. We have compared these web hosting providers using different hosting key aspects such as performance, speed, pricing, security parameters, and so on.
By the end of the post, you will get to know which one to pick among — FastComet and DreamHost. So let’s dive in.
FastComet vs DreamHost: The Basic Overview
Here’s we have given a brief overview of these web hosting providers – FastComet and DreamHost. You can furthermore check out some of the best FastComet alternative hosts we have listed for our readers.
FastComet Hosting Overview:
FastComet was established back in 2013 and since then they have been providing exceptional web hosting services. FastComet is one of the few privately-owned and global web hosting providers nowadays.
As of now, FastComet has around 50,000 personal and small business website owners. When we reviewed FastComet web hosting we found, it offers various web hosting services such as — WordPress hosting, shared web hosting, VPS, WooCommerce hosting, Magento, hosting, and so on. What’s more, FastComet is also a reliable and affordable domain registrar.
The best part about FastComet is that it offers all essential and advanced web hosting features to help you get started right away. Also, the pricing plans that it offers are flexible and affordable and even you can further cut off their pricing when one of these FastComet Coupon Codes is applied during the checkout.
When we talk about its customer support, FastComet has a reliable and responsive customer support team. The support is available 24/7 and has even a dedicated technical support team for technical queries and resolutions. Overall, it’s a reliable and affordable web hosting provider available in the market.
Related Reading: FastComet vs Hostinger: The Ultimate Side by Side Comparison
DreamHost is one of the few web hosts that is founded for a reason — to deliver fast, secure, and seamless web hosting services. DreamHost is also affordable, where the WordPress hosting plans starting from $2.59/month.
When it comes to kinds of hosting offered Dream has — WordPress hosting, shared web hosting, Virtual Private Servers, dedicated servers, and so on. What’s more, it also offers a flexible monthly web hosting solution as per your budget and needs.
DreamHost is stacked up with all essential and advanced features to help a beginner kickstart the online journey. Managing your web hosting with DreamHost is seamless as it is super easy. They have a custom control panel that removes the headache of managing your web hosting. What’s more, DreamHost has an award-winning US-based customer support team to help you up-running all the time.
Overall, DreamHost is affordable and a good solution for beginner blogger/website owners who are stepping into the online world.
FastComet vs DreamHost: Hosting Features Comparison
Choosing reliable web hosting that offers all essential and advanced features is a MUST. So here we have compared the hosting features that DreamHost and FastComet offer. Let’s check the key features of these web hosting providers.
FastComet Hosting Key features:
- Free Fully-Managed Website Transfer: Yes, FastComet comes with a robust managed website transfer. No matter, where your website is hosted, you can migrate your website to FastComet on auto-pilot using managed website migration.
- Free Cloudflare CDN: FastComet offers a reliable and premium content delivery network (CDN). Using the CDN you can seamlessly deliver your content all around the world.
- Daily and Weekly Backups Offered: FastComet basically offers free backups to your website. You have the option to choose from daily and weekly backups. What’s more, they keep around 30 copies of your website’s data to make sure your data is SAFE.
- Priority 24/7 Expert Support: Support is the most crucial aspect of only any web hosting provider. Here, FastComet basically offers free 24/7 customer support to help you run all the time. Also, it offers different support channels to connect and solve any queries on the go.
- Easy and Intuitive cPanel: Yes, FastComet comes with the most popular and powerful hosting control panel — cPanel. With the help of this intuitive cPanel, you can seamlessly manage your web hosting. It also features point-and-click management to improve the user experience.
- Free Domain Transfer: Well, FastComet also comes with a quick and easy domain transfer. What’s more, once you migrate your domain to FastComet, they will renew your domain for free — for one year only.
- Offers 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Yes, all web hosting plans come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. It has a 45 days money-back guarantee for all the clod shared hosting plans and has 7 days for VPS and dedicated servers.
DreamHost Key Features Offered
- Super Easy to Use: Yes, DreamHost is super easy to use as it comes with a custom control panel. The customized control panel is super easy to use and helps your manage your web hosting in an easy way.
- 24/7 Expert Support: It basically offers reliable and responsive customer support which is up running 24/7. They have award-winning US-based experts who are available round the clock to help you when you stuck anytime.
- Self-Owned Hosting Company: DreamHost is employee-owned and an in-depth hosting company that focused on all customer’s tailored needs. They understand the needs of different customer and offers service on the basis of that.
- Passion for Privacy: They basically believe in the right to privacy. What’s more, they are backed with a strong anti-spam policy and free WHOIS privacy.
- Commitment to Security: The best part, it uses various security aspects to make its web hosting safe and secure. Various security aspects included such as — multi-factor authentication, auto enables sFTP and free secure hosting with Let’s Encrypt.
- 100% Uptime Guarantee: DreamHost is one of the only web hosting providers that claim to offers a 100% uptime guarantee.
- Support to Open Source Apps: The best part DreamHost is basically compatible with many open-source frameworks. That indicates you can easily install all these frameworks from the cPanel itself right with a one-click of a button.
Verdict: As here you can see, DreamHost and FastComet both offer all essential and advanced features. So you can rely on these hosting providers when it comes to hosting features.
FastComet vs DreamHost: Security
Nobody would want to get started with a web hosting provider that isn’t secure. As security is the most crucial aspect that one should look at while choosing reliable web hosting.
Here we have compared the security aspects of FastComet and DreamHost side by side.
While reviewing these two hosting providers get to know these come with all essential security features — SSL certificates, automatic backups, along 24/7 server monitoring.
FastComet Hosting Security:
FastComet basically comes with a security module that is known as FastGuard. And it protects you from both the internal and external thread and application security flaws.
The FastGuard security module creates a global defense against various attacks such as DDoS attacks, exploits, botnet attacks, etc. What’s more, it also offers a robust two-factor authentication that adds an extra layer of security to your hosting account. The 2FA modules support Google Authenticator, LastPass, along with Authy.
What’s more, FastComet makes sure it takes a complete backup of your website to make sure it is safe and secure. The best part, it even takes 30 copies of your daily backups to avoid any mishappening.
DreamHost Hosting Security.
DreamHost basically gives a high priority to keep your website and servers safe from turds online. They have a team of trained security engineers names — Nightmare Labs. And they are leading and scaling the efforts to make sure all your website data and their servers are safe and secure.
In addition, you also get various security services directly for you from the security TEAM. The security service includes Malware remover, Let’s Encrypt, Free Domain Privacy, HTTP/2, mod-Security along with lua-rest-waf and so on.
Verdict: Both FastComet and DreamHost offer top-notch security to make sure your website is safe and secure. However, FastComet has an edge over DreamHost as they have maximized their web hosting security.
Furthermore, you can read out a detailed comparison between FastComet vs. InMotion Hosting and their features.
FastComet vs DreamHost: Speed & Performance
No matter what kind of hosting provider you choose, everything is in vain if it is slow. Nowadays, almost all web hosting providers claim to offer a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
We would say, please don’t fall into the trap. As we found some drastic results while checking the uptime of FastComet and DreamHost. Let’s start the speed and performance comparison here.
FastComet offers SSD storage along with a content delivery network. Additionally, it also offers various caching and speed optimization tools to make its hosting fast.
It also claims to offers SLA packed 99.99% uptime guarantee, which we tested and found some interesting results. When we checked the uptime of FastComet we got an uptime of 99.98%. However, checking on different sever we have got the average uptime of 99.8%.
DreamHost Uptime Guarantee:
DreamHost claims to offer a 100% uptime guarantee, and that’s not the complete truth we would say. As we have checked the uptime on different servers and found something that you should be aware of.
When you just get started the website will work pretty well, and after some time when it grows you will start seeing issues. We have checked it on different servers and we found an average of 99.9% uptime guarantee. The DreamHost has efforts made using DreamObjects that make sure it offers 99.9% uptime, if somehow it fails to offers you will be eligible to receive a credit to apply for the DreamObjects billing cycle.
Note: Here’s you can see both the web hosting providers comes with a reliable uptime that will keep your website running all the time.
FastComet vs DreamHost: The Pricing Battle
DreamHost and FastComet are affordable and flexible web hosting providers. Both of these web hosting offers pricing plans that are extremely affordable. Here we have compared the pricing plans of DreamHost and FastComet to help you compare the pricing side by side.
Note: We’re going to give details about the WordPress hosting plans available on FastComet and DreamHost. If you wanna check the pricing for other hosting services you should visit their official websites.
FastComet Pricing Plans
FastComet offers really affordable web hosting services. And also all the web hosting packages come with a plethora of key features to get started. So here is the available pricing available.
FastCloud: This plan basically costs $3.48/month. This plan has everything that you will need to start your online venture. With this plan, you will get all the basic features along with a starter website kit, 15 GB SSD space for a single website.
FastCloud Plus: This plan basically costs $5.28/month and it’s the right solution that supports and drives your website growth. The plan includes all the essential and advanced features along with 25 GB SSD space. With this plan, you can easily host multiple websites.
FastCloud Extra: This plan basically costs $6.98/month and this plan has advanced power, flexibility, and performance on a budget. With this plan, you will get advanced features such as RocketBooster along with 35GB SSD space. Also with the plan, you can easily host multiple websites.
DreamHost Pricing Plans
DreamHost is well known for offering the most affordable pricing plans. And it really offers a lot of value on the plate. Let’s check the pricing plans does DreamHost offers. So let’s dive in.
What’s more, you will also get 97 days money-back guarantee, somehow if you don’t like the services of DreamHost you can get your money back.
They have three pricing plans available: you can choose to pay, monthly, yearly, and three years upfront. If you sign-up for three years upfront you will save few bucks in the long run.
So let’s see the pricing plans available at DreamHost:
WordPress Starter: This plan costs $2.95/yearly if paid yearly. This plan is the best to start for rookies. You will get a free SSL certificate, fast SSD storage, WP Website Builder, free automated migrations, WordPress pre-installed, free domain included, for a single website.
WordPress Unlimited: This plan costs $3.95/month and allows you to host multiple websites. Here this plan is great for multiple WordPress websites at an affordable cost. You will get features such as — free domain, unlimited bandwidth, free automated website transfer, WP Website Builder, fast SSD Storage, free SSL certificate, unlimited emails, and so on.
Bottom Line: As you can see, DreamHost is reliable and affordable compared to FastComet. The pricing plans available at $2.95/month which is backed with 97 days money-back guarantee and featured loaded.
- FastComet vs. Bluehost Hosting – Comparison 2021
- FastComet vs. SiteGround Hosting – What Do We Recommend?
- FastComet Black Friday Sale 2021
- FastComet Affiliate Program Overview 2021
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Choose?
Now you have an idea of what DreamHost and FastComet have got to offer. Let us tell which one would we pick.
This would be a really tough question to answer. Well to make it easy, we have explained which one should you choose and why.
If you’re a beginner who is just stepping in to start your new online venture we would suggest getting started with DreamHost as it is featured packed. Also, it has very flexible and affordable web hosting solutions to offer.
On the other hand, if you’re some who is an intermediate looking for a stable and room to grow website/blog, FastComet should be your pick. FastComet is featured and fully packed with all advanced and must-have features that you will need to grow your business over time.
Now it’s over to you, let us know your pick in the comments section below. We hoped this detailed comparison of FastComet and DreamHost suits your purpose well.