If you’re someone still figuring which one to choose among — FastComet vs SiteGround, we have got your back.
Both of these web hosting providers — FastComet and SiteGround, offer reliable hosting at an affordable cost. FastComet is budget-oriented, offering an affordable hosting solution. While SiteGround provides a robust, fully managed WordPress hosting solution.
The question remains the same — which one is best suited for me? Well, the answer is, it’s not easy to pick one without comparing them side by side. Or, if you don’t need their comparison, you might be interested in checking out these FastComet alternatives.
But wait, if you’re someone on the go — SiteGround is the best-hosting provider offering reliable and robust managed WordPress hosting. If you’re a blogger or business owner willing to kickstart your journey, give Siteground a shot. What’s more, it also comes with a 30 days money-back guarantee.
Well, let’s get back; here in this post, we have done a detailed comparison of FastComet and SiteGround. This comparison includes speed, performance, security, performance, and more. So let’s get started with the comparison.
By the end of the post, you will also know which one is best for you and WHY. So stick to the END.
FastComet vs SiteGround: The Key Takeaway
It’s quite necessary to understand the basic key takeaway between SiteGround and FastComet. So let’s dive in.
FastComet is an affordable yet reliable web hosting provider delivering exceptional hosting solutions for almost nine years as you can read further in our FasComet hosting review. This hosting provider makes hosting solutions affordable and value for money where the base plans starting at $2.95/month when purchased with any of these verified coupons.
FastComet offers various hosting solutions such as — web hosting, cloud VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, OpenCart hosting, Magento hosting. What’s more, it also offers a FastComet website builder to help you build stunning websites on the go.
This hosting provider keeps users in mind especially bloggers and small business owners to kick start their journey at affordable rates. With FastComet you will be getting all essential features such as — free domain transfer, SSD only Cloud, Free Cloudflare CDN, Powered by cPanel, daily & Weekly backups, free managed migrations, 24/7 priority customer support, affiliate program to affiliates, and so on.
Siteground is a well-established web hosting provider which is well known for offering affordable fully-managed WordPress hosting starting at $6.99/month. It offers reliable and secure web hosting for small and medium websites.
SiteGround also comes with handy tools services for seamless site-building. Also with the managed WordPress hosting solution, you will get smooth free managed website transfers. All the managed hosting solutions come with automatic WordPress updates and installation so that you can avoid the hassle.
This web hosting provider is ideal for bloggers, website owners who love to avoid technical aspects of managing hosting. SiteGround managed hosting helps you set various crucial aspects on auto-pilot such as WordPress updates, daily backup, website migration, etc.
FastComet vs SiteGround: Speed & Performance
No doubt, speed is one of the most crucial parameters to consider before getting started with any web hosting provider. All your website visitors and even search engines like Google and Bing love fast-loading websites. So let’s check the speed and performance tests of these web hosting solutions:
Both of these web hosting solutions claim to offer a 99.99% uptime guarantee and that’s awesome. But we should always do the math and find out which one actually offers reliable uptime.
When we checked the uptime of SiteGround it was the same as they claimed. Also, we have seen the SiteGround hosting achieve a whooping uptime of 99.9% on different servers. Seeing this we can clearly say, they have the most reliable and fast servers available in the industry.
On the other hand, when we checked the uptime of FastComet, we were not that disappointed. As FastComet also achieved an uptime of 99.98% on some of its servers. When we tried on different servers we found the same, some were up to the mark and some were, you can say good to go.
Bottom line we can say, FastComet servers are reliable however when we compared it to SiteGround — Clearly, SiteGround is the winner. So it’s clear SiteGround offers reliable and fast web hosting services compared to FastComet.
FastComet vs SiteGround: Security Measures
When you choose any hosting provider, security is the primary concern. You always need to make sure that the hosting you’re choosing is reliable and secure that protects your website from vulnerability and attacks. So let’s check the security measures taken by these hosting providers:
FastComet Security Measures
FastComet hosting is secure and reliable as it is guarded with — FastGuard Hosting Security. All the servers are primarily protected with the FastGuard that informs the team about malicious activities. This protocol basically protects your website and has a solid defense against — botnet attacks, DNS, and DDoS attacks.
FastComet comes with two-factor authentications that support Google Authenticator, LastPass, and Authy. It provides account isolation to easily FastGuard your account from clients. Also, you will get your full daily backups that mainly keep 30 copies for free. What’s more, it has a point and clicks restore management.
SiteGround Security Measures
SiteGround has dedicated security experts who keep tracking the daily software vulnerabilities on a website and server level. The best part, SiteGround also keeps a log of security patches to prevent all possible attacks.
By default, all the servers of SiteGround use the latest PHP 7 version right with the security fixes. Also, it has a sophisticated IDS/IPS system that generally blocks bots and attackers. The best part is that ModSecurity is installed in the SiteGround shared servers. What’s more, they update the security rules every week and strive to provide the best security in the market.
Winner: We would clearly say SiteGround and FastCome both have reliable security and are secure web hosting providers.
FastComet vs SiteGround: Hosting Feature Comparison
While choosing any hosting provider you should always look for the features it offers. FastComet and SiteGround come with plenty of hosting features to help you grow and scale your business with ease. Let’s have a look at the features of FastComet and SiteGround.
FastComet Hosting Features
FastComet comes with all essential and advanced features and freebies explained below:
- Free Domain Transfer: FastComet offers free domain transfer real quick and easy. If you transfer your domain to FastComet free for the first year.
- SSD Only Cloud: With the blazing-fast SSDs you can easily access your files and database when compared to another non-SSD powered hosting
- Free Cloudflare CDN: Yes, FastComet comes with free Cloudflare CDN to help you deliver your content around the world really fast. Using a CDN (content delivery network) helps you speed up your website.
- Daily & Weekly Backups: The best part, FastComet offers daily and weekly backups of your websites’ data. Most of the hosting providers charge you for the backup, however, FastComet doesn’t.
- Free 24/7 Priority Support: Yes, FastComet comes with free 24/7 customer support to help you keep running. The support team of FastComet is trained and professional to help you guide the right way.
- Free Managed Migrations: FastComet has its own migration experts who provide blazing-fast managed website migrations on all pricing plans.
- Powered by cPanel: It is powered by the most popular and robust control panel. Using the cPanel you can easily manage your hosting account.
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee: Yes, FastComet comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. It comes with 45 days of money-back guarantee for Cloud shared hosting and seven days for VPS/dedicated servers.
SiteGround Hosting Features
When it comes to the domain features SiteGround outranks other web hosting providers. Here’s the list of key features it comes with:
- Free SSL Certificate: SiteGround provider a free SSL certificate with all hosting plans it offers. You will get the Let’s Encrypt Standard and Wildcard SSL Certificate preinstalled on your website.
- Automated Daily Backups: Yes, SiteGround comes with a daily backup where it takes daily account backups with more than 30 copies. You can also opt to create instant on-demand backups with a click of a button.
- Free Email Accounts: SiteGround comes with unlimited email accounts that have a webmail interface included. What’s more, it has spam with free SpamExperts service.
- Staging Tool: With the help of staging tools you can easily take backup of your website with a single click.
- Managed Security Updates: It manages the security of your website at a severe and application level. SiteGround automatically updates instances and their plugins to the latest version.
- 24/7 Expert Customer Support: Yes, SiteGround comes with reliable customer support round-the-clock. Also, the support process is extremely fast and has quick pickup and resolution.
FastComet vs SiteGround: The Pricing Battle (Which One Is Affordable & Reliable)
Let’s have the pricing plan comparison of these web hosting providers. For this comparison, we’re going to compare the WordPress hosting plans offered by FastComet and SiteGround.
When it comes to affordability FastComet stands apart. As the WordPress hosting plans of FastComet starting at $2.95/month. All plans come with all essential features such as — free website migration, free domain transfer, cPanel and softaculous, etc.
Let’s check the WordPress hosting plans:
1. FastCloud: This is the base plan which starts at $2.95/month. This plan is buckled with all essential features for beginners to kickstart the journey.
2. FastCloud Plus: This plan costs $4.45/month that comes with all essential and advanced features such as multiple website transfers, 25 GB SSD space, etc. This is the most adequate solution that supports and drives your website growth.
3. FastCloud Extra: This is the high end plan that comes at $5.95/month with advanced features and offers 35GB SSD space. With this plan, you will get advanced power and performance on a budget.
SiteGround managed WordPress hosting is reliable and affordable in the market. Let’s have a look at the pricing plans offered by Sitegroud. All the plans include basic features such as — free SSL, daily backup, free CDN, free email, unlimited database, managed WordPress, etc.
1. StartUP: This plan costs $6.99/month for 1 website and includes 10 GB of web space, unmetered traffic, 10,000 visits monthly. This plan is ideal for a beginner who is starting out.
2. GrowBig: The GrowBig plan costs $9.99/month. This plan includes 5 websites. 20GB of webspace, and 25,000 visits monthly. If you’re an intermediate looking for a reliable plan, this one should be your pick.
3. GoGeek: This plan costs $14.99/month. It includes 40GB of web space, 10 websites, and 100,000 visits monthly. As the name suggests this plan is for Geeks who have higher-end requirements. You will also get on-demand backup copies, ultrafast PHP, staging + GIT, priority support, and so on.
Which One Is Affordable & Value for Money?
To be very transparent, SiteGround costs 3-4 bucks more than FastComet but it’s worth every penny you spend. When FastComet compared to SIteGround, it is affordable but it lacks some important features that you will get with SiteGround.
What’s more, with SiteGround you will be getting a fully managed WordPress hosting solution to help you grow and scale your business without any hassle.
Which One Should You Choose — FastComet or SiteGround?
So this is our detailed comparison of FastComet and SiteGround. Choosing between these two hosting providers isn’t that easy as both offers reliable hosting service.
However when compared to various aspects such as speed, performance, security measures, hosting features. We found SiteGround outranks with better hosting solutions as compared to FastComet.
The question is — Which one should you pick? Well, the answer is SiteGround costs $6.99/mo that offers managed WordPress hosting, and it is well suited to bloggers and small website owners. As everything will be managed by the SiteGround team itself. So you can focus more on growing your business.
On the other hand — if you’re someone just starting out with a low budget, FastComet is a good hosting to get started. As the basic plans start at $2.95 /mo. And it also includes all essential features to kickstart your online journey.
Well, we hope this details comparison of FastComet and SiteGround. Tell us your experiences and choices in the comments section below.
FastComet versus SiteGround FAQs
Yes, SiteGround managed WordPress hosting is better than FastComet. However, if you’re looking for something more affordable then FastComet should be your pick.
Yes, when it comes to managed WordPress hosting SiteGround is the most reliable and affordable hosting available. Also, it has a dedicated WordPress support team which makes it super easy to manage.
FastComet is more affordable compared to SiteGround as its shared hosting plans start at $2.95/month. Also, FastComet offers various add-ons and freebies such as free domain transfer, free Cloudflare CDN, and more.