Prominently displaying discounts and promotions on WooCommerce product pages helps inform customers of potential savings opportunities. This incentivizes purchases and increases conversion rates.
In this comprehensive tutorial, we’ll thoroughly cover multiple methods for displaying discounts like percentage badges, tiered pricing tables, strike-through pricing, and labels using the Discount Rules plugin.
Why Displaying Discounts on Products is Effective
Here are some of the key reasons why attractively showcasing discounts on products is an effective tactic:
- Immediately informs customers of potential savings or deals available. This grabs their attention.
- Creates a sense of urgency around discounts only being available for a limited time.
- Promotional messaging contrasts well on product pages and adds excitement.
- Eliminates guesswork by explicitly showing discounted pricing vs original prices.
- Customers feel they are getting insider knowledge of deals and savings.
- Honest comparison to original prices reinforces the true value received.
- Reminds customers of discounts before checkout to persuade purchase.
- Encourages click-throughs from listings to product pages to view discount specifics.
Overall, tastefully implemented discount displays strongly persuade more customers to take advantage of the promotions and purchases.
Creating a Simple Sitewide Discount
Let’s start by creating a basic storewide 20% off discount:
- Go to Discount Rules in your WooCommerce dashboard and click “Add New Rule”.
- Give the rule an intuitive title like “Sitewide 20% Off Discount”.
- Set the Discount Type to “Product Adjustment”.
- Under Filters, choose “All Products” so the discount applies storewide.
- Set the Discount Value to 20% off.
- Click Publish to activate and enable the new discount rule.
This creates a universal 20% discount across all products. Now let’s explore ways to display this promotion.
Showing Sale Badges with the Discount Percentages
With the sitewide discount rule active, generic sales badges will automatically appear on all eligible products. However, we can customize them:
- Navigate to Product Settings under Discount Rules.
- Check the box “Show on sale badge on discounted products”.
- Enable the option “Show discount percentage in badge”.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom to apply.
Now discounted products across the catalog will all display the percentage discount clearly shown within the stylized sales badge.
For maximum impact, you can tweak the badge style, color, placement etc. to your branding.
Creating Tiered Pricing Tables for Variable Bulk Discounts
For variable or tiered bulk discounts, an excellent way to communicate the details is through pricing tables directly on product pages.
Here is how to configure tiered discount tables:
- Create a new bulk discount rule with multiple quantity tiers defined – e.g. 1-5 units, 6-10 units, 11+ units.
- For each tier, set the applicable discounted percentage or fixed price.
- Under Product Settings, check the box to “Show discount table on product pages”.
- Drill down into “Discount Table” options to customize included columns, content, styling, etc.
- Click Save Changes.
Now eligible products will prominently display the tiered pricing levels so customers clearly understand the volume discounts available.
Customizing the Layout and Content of Discount Tables
The discount pricing tables showcase your promotions in an elegant way. But you can refine the presentation:
- Toggle the table header on/off as needed.
- Choose which columns to display, such as Title, Range, Discount Percentage, Discounted Price etc.
- Show the discount percentage or calculate and display discounted price.
- Adjust table colors, borders, typography, and other styling.
Optimizing the content and appearance of the discount tables is crucial. The goal is ensuring customers immediately and fully understand the tiered deals on offer.
Best Practices for Displaying WooCommerce Discounts
Some general best practices to follow when showcasing discounts:
- Ensure discounts are displayed prominently using eye-catching badges, banners, labels, or callouts.
- Inform customers of available deals on product listings and category pages to encourage clicking for specifics.
- Use concise messaging that conveys the promotion – e.g. “25% Off This Week Only!”.
- Place badges in high visibility locations like product images to attract attention.
- Craft compelling discount copy to create urgency and excitement without exaggerations.
- Show actual savings amounts compared to original prices so the excellent value resonates.
- A/B test various discount display approaches and placements to determine which increase conversions.
Following some simple principles will ensure you attract customer attention in subtle yet persuasive ways that ultimately drive higher sales.
- FlyCart Review 2023
- FlyCart Alternatives 2023
- WooCommerce Checkout Field Manager by Themehigh
- Variation Swatches Plugin By Themehigh Setup Tutorial
- Best Amazon Affiliate Plugins for WordPress
- Affiliate Booster Plugin
Attractively showcasing discounts and promotions directly on WooCommerce product pages has tremendous power to boost conversions.
The Discount Rules plugin provides flexible options to display:
- Customized sales badges with the percentage savings prominently shown
- Detailed tiered pricing tables on products eligible for graduated bulk purchase discounts
- Strike-through original pricing to contrast with discounted prices
- Strategically placed labels and callouts using eye-catching designs
Taking the time to test and optimize how you present discounts pays dividends. Compelling pricing presentations keep your store competitive, engaging, and compelling to shoppers.