Many customers like to see prices in their preferred currency while shopping online. Potential customers may struggle to calculate the cost of items they fancy, especially when it’s not in their primary currency.
Customers will likely doubt your shipping options to their location if you don’t offer pricing in their local currency. WooCommerce currency switcher plugins can fix this problem and offer pricing options to customers in multiple currencies.
Several currency switcher plugins for WooCommerce can identify the country IPs of shoppers and update pricing at the local rate. Others have options where shoppers can switch manually to their preferred currency.
40+ WooCommerce currency switcher plugins exist, but many of these tools might not have vital features your store needs. That’s why this guide provides details about nine (9) best WooCommerce currency switcher plugins, so you don’t need to stress yourself searching for the best options.
9 Best WooCommerce Currency Switcher Plugins
Check out the best WooCommerce currency switcher plugins, their main features, and everything else they have to offer.
WooCommerce Multi-Currency provides several vital features online storeowners need to serve customers with different conversion options. Users of this plugin can switch pricing among currencies to allow all customers to navigate store items at their preferred rates.
The plugin also allows owners of online stores to accept payments in multiple currencies. This plugin is compatible with many popular WooCommerce themes and ensures all owners display the correct prices on products.
Users of the WooCommerce Multi-Currency plugin also have access to popular sources of exchange rates like Yahoo Finance and Currency Converter.
Main Features of WooCommerce Multi-Currency
- Compatible with multiple themes: Allows users to build store themes with correct pricing on all items
- Multi-payment options: Customers can pay in any currency accepted by their preferred payment provider
- Default currency bar: The currency bar comes with all default installations to make conversions easy
- Supports different exchange rate sources: Works with current exchange rate providers like Yahoo Finance and other reliable platforms
WooCommerce Multi-Currency Pricing: $32 per year for a Regular License
CURCY WooCommerce Multi-Currency Switcher is a product by Villatheme and provides several essential features e-commerce stores need. The tool can convert coupons, taxes, shipping costs, product prices, and other fees into currencies preferred by shoppers.
It also has a feature that allows online commerce store owners to add widgets. The widgets are available in multiple styles and a currency bar allows customers to choose the currency they want.
Main Features of CURCY WooCommerce Multi-Currency Switcher
- Display price configuration: Storeowners can change the appearance of pricing on their listed goods (10 USD, $10, $10 USD, 100.00$, etc.)
- Checkout in different currencies: Allows customers to check out in their preferred currency; also displays product shipping, coupons, taxes, and other fees in different currencies.
- Auto-detection support: Inbuilt tools can automatically detect the language and location of buyers and switch currencies in line with the results.
- Currency switchers under product pricing: Provides owners of online stores the option to display multi-currency switchers directly under listed products.
CURCY Pricing: Free version available; paid versions are available between $32 and $160 per year (3 products currently available)
YayCurrency operates with a smart geolocation system to allow customers to pay for items in their preferred currency. The WooCommerce converter for currencies also displays one item in multiple currencies alongside accepted local rates for shoppers.
YayCurrency could be the best currency switcher plugin for stores determined to scale their businesses online. The plugin offers a simple multi-currency toolkit created on an easy-to-use interface. It is loaded with every vital feature required to display multiple currency rates for in-store items with ease.
YayCurrency also displays sales reports according to currency and offers advanced features store owners must have to scale their online businesses.
Main Features of YayCurrency
- Checkout in multiple currencies: Allows users to pay for items at checkout in their selected currency
- Price rounding: Convert foreign rates to local currencies to correct decimal figures
- Multi-platform compatibility: Works with PayPal, Stripe, and other accepted WooCommerce payment platforms
- Free version (on WordPress.org only)
- Converted local rates apply to global shipping prices (International Flat Rate Shipping)
YayCurrency Pricing: $49.99 to $199.99 per year (3 products currently available)
WPML Currency Exchange for WooCommerce is an offshoot of the popular WPML plugin. The extension allows shop owners to improve their overall store appeal and how pricing displays appear under products.
WPML offers currency exchange options to display products only but does not offer this feature at checkout. However, the product still offers other great features like real-time open exchange updates.
The currency converter WooCommerce store plugin owners can install is also compatible with several popular themes. You can rely on this plugin to work on themes like FlatSome, NewsPaper, Avada, and many more.
Main Features of WPML Currency Exchange for WooCommerce
- Currency display with widgets: Allows store owners to create codes or widgets over images of displayed products
- Save orders by currency: Provides customers the option to store orders in a cart with different currencies
- Open exchange rate updates: Daily updates of currency exchange rates will reflect on all displayed store items
- Multi-theme compatibility: Works with popular themes to deliver a robust user experience
WPML Currency Exchange for WooCommerce Pricing: $29 to $159 per year (3 products currently available)
WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS) is a cutting-edge converter plugin for Woo e-commerce stores. The plugin provides customers with enough options to pay in a preferred currency or the store’s accepted legal tender.
WOOCS also supports conversions of all currencies in real time and displays accurate prices for all products. It works with an advanced locator system designed to give automatic rates on several accepted payment platforms.
WOOCS provides storeowners an option to run their business with no base price currency. The feature supports all customers to purchase your items and allows them to check out in any currency they want.
Main Features of WOOCS
- Supports geo-location IP: Allows customers to pay with the currency widely accepted in their current location
- Widget support: Provides storeowners an option to place their currency switcher in a widget or floating converter bar
- Automatic IP recording: The auto-IP recognition tool records a shopper’s location and switches prices on all store items automatically
- Works with different payment platforms: Can work with Woo e-commerce stores that accept Visa, MasterCard, Skrill, PayPal, and other payment platforms
WOOCS Pricing: $32 per year
Multi-Currency for WooCommerce is a currency-switching extension that allows users to show global rates of all in-store items to customers. The plugin supports customers to easily access correct conversion rates in different currencies.
The WooCommerce multi-currency converter plugin also allows store owners set conversion options as they please. You can set your store’s currency conversion options to automatic or manual, providing your customers more comfort to pay for items.
Multi-Currency for WooCommerce also allows users access unlimited rate conversions for their store items at updated prices in real-time. All exchange rates for items in your store will receive automatic updates, so you’ll never lose money after each price change.
Main Features of Multi-Currency for WooCommerce
- Original currency revert: Allows customers to pay for items at checkout in their preferred currency
- Exchange rate auto-update: Real-time currency exchange rate updates for all items in your store
- Direct currency switch: Allows customers to pay for store items in their currency at checkout
- Multiple currency conversion options: Provides customers with manual and automatic currency switch
Multi-Currency for WooCommerce Pricing: $39.99 to $199.99 per year (3 products currently available)
Berocket is a free currency exchange plugin with several handy features for WooCommerce stores. The extension allows users to set rates on all items in different currencies. The Berocket exchange relies on Open Exchange Rates to update pricing on all your store items daily.
It comes with a formatting tool that allows owners of online stores enough freedom to place currency switchers at vital points. Berocket also operates an automatic detector to display prices in the preferred currency of your shoppers.
Main Features of Berocket Currency Exchange
- Full exchange offer: Converts foreign to local prices on the product page, orders, images, and anywhere else in your store
- Geo-location IP available: Auto-location and locale detector to change currencies automatically to suit buyers
- MasterCard support: Works with any store that accepts MasterCard as a preferred payment option
- Multiple currency exchange support: Allows users to exchange 60+ different currencies
Berocket Currency Exchange Pricing: $0
The YITH Multi-Currency switcher comes with a standard template handy for converting different currencies with ease. It offers users tools to check real-time switching rates for currencies of different countries.
Users also have the option to display prices with flag icons to ease the overall shopping experience of customers.
Main Features of YITH Multi-Currency Switcher
- Supports the manual setting of product pricing
- Multiple currency viewing: Allows customers to see the prices of products in different currencies
- Select the location of the currency switcher on your online store
- Customers can see the prices of preferred items on images, product pages, and more with ease
YITH Multi-Currency Switcher Pricing: $99.99 per year
CBX Currency Converter allows customers to view your listed products in currencies widely accepted in their location. The converter offers 90+ currency conversions to customers at correct global rates.
Storeowners can get their products displayed with current exchange rates in real time through this converter. The converter also comes with a beginner-friendly interface that allows first-time shoppers easy access to the prices of all items in stock.
Main Features of CBX Currency Converter
- Multiple currency conversion: Supports storeowners with up to 90 different currency switching options at current global rates
- Currency visualization: Allows store owners to view the entire list of currencies available to customers
- Multi-converter compatibility: Works with some of the most reliable currency converters and widgets like Currency API and WPBakery Widget
- Flag images available on conversions: Supports customers to view their preferred currency with a national flag display
CBX Currency Converter Pricing: $25 per year
What to Look For in the Best WooCommerce Currency Switcher Plugins?
A WooCommerce currency converter should provide a widget customers can use to change prices to their local rates. This option is essential in plugins that do not offer automatic rate changes according to shoppers’ countries.
Permissions at checkout:
WooCommerce currency converter plugins usually estimate the price of items in the local currencies of your potential customers. However, many of these plugins might still display the prices of items in your store’s primary currency at checkout.
You need a converter plugin that should offer the option for customers to place orders in their preferred local currency.
Your preferred WooCommerce currency switching plugin should have a price rounder to convert into local rates properly. These plugins should possess functions to switch prices from foreign to local rates, ending them in your target figures (.49, .99, etc.). The rounding feature is vital if you want your store to convert foreign currencies into local rates without confusing your customers at checkout.
Correct reporting is a vital feature your preferred WooCommerce currency switcher should have. Some free WooCommerce currency switchers don’t offer currency-by-currency reporting or filtering to users.
You need a currency switcher for WooCommerce that can filter reports by currency. Such a feature ensures you can view sales charts in different currencies and see how your business progresses.
You need to think about how to display amounts when customers switch currencies in your store. Your preferred currency switcher plugin for WooCommerce should have the following options:
- Display the national flag of switched currency, and
- Masking of products’ prices with fees in proper formats (USD 10, $10, or $10 USD)
These options ensure your customers don’t get confused whenever they switch currencies on any item in your store.
A WooCommerce currency switcher plugin makes it easy to accept several currencies with ease. The best WooCommerce switcher plugin for currencies also ensures you can serve customers across countries. You won’t lose business because your customers will find the products they want in their preferred currency.
Choose the WooCommerce currency switching plugins, and get the boost your business needs without hassle!